Business Window Decal Guide
If you’ve ever taken a stroll past restaurants, clothing stores, or virtually any other type of business, you have likely seen hundreds of business window decals. They are one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways for businesses to show time-sensitive promotions or even add permanent or semi-permanent branding images to their storefronts. So, if you are a brick-and-mortar business owner with windows that are visible to the public, you should probably be taking advantage of window decals and sticker graphics.
However, you probably have a lot of questions about business window decals and how they work. First and foremost, what is a business window decal? Is it possible to change window decals on a regular basis? Finally, where can you go to get custom commercial decals for your business? In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and more. So, let’s get started!
What Are Business Window Decals?
A business window decal is simply an image (typically made of vinyl) that clings to glass to create a visual display or covering. There are various ways to create both small and large window decals for your business. For example, some businesses use frosted vinyl window film to obfuscate the windows of the building. This can be useful if a business does not want every passerby to see through their storefront. Alternatively, traditional adhesive can be used to create stickers that can easily be applied to storefront windows. Finally, a more modern option is digital window film, which essentially operates as a window tint that can be turned on or off as needed.
Why Have Custom Window Decals Made For Your Business?
As you can see, window decals can serve a wide range of purposes. Though they offer a great way to improve the curb appeal of your storefront, they can also offer some much more functional and practical solutions for your business. So, here are a few of the main reasons to consider decals and graphics for your storefront windows:
- Branding – Every business needs to establish a consistent, authentic brand. Whether you are operating an auto mechanic shop or a shoe store, your customers should be able to recognize your name or logo and associate that information with quality products and/or services. If you find that your traditional signage is insufficient, you can make use of your windows to add your logo or branding information at eye level. This will help improve brand recognition and (hopefully) help bring more customers through your doors.
- Visual Appeal – Naturally, most people immediately associate stickers, decals, and window graphics with visual design. For a brick-and-mortar business, having a boring or even ugly storefront can cost you a lot of income over the long term. People simply prefer to spend money at businesses that are appealing to the eye. Fortunately, business window decals are one of the easiest ways to make your storefront really stand out and look great at the same time, typically through customized images and bright colors.
- Time-Sensitive Information – Many window decals are designed to be added or removed from a window as needed. This type of “sticker” is ideal for business owners who have frequent sales or special events. This way, you can have custom decals made up for different kinds of time-sensitive information, and put them up whenever the time is right. For example, if you’re having a special Black Friday sale, you can add decals to your windows to alert potential customers days or even weeks in advance.
- General Business Information – Sometimes, traditional business signs just go unnoticed. However, customized decals with bright colors and interesting designs are far more likely to catch the eye. So, if you want to display general information about your business with a bit of extra flair and style, window decals are a great option. You could display just about any type of relevant information, from your website and phone number to business hours and services, all using interesting fonts, colors, patterns, and background images.
- Lighting – Many business locations are very unlucky when it comes to natural sunlight. At certain parts of the day, the sun may shine through your windows way too brightly, making it uncomfortable for both staff and customers. Adding window film or frosted vinyl can ensure that the sun does not become an unnecessary deterrent.
- Security – Finally, many businesses have large storefront windows that make the whole interior of the building visible from the street. While this could help bring in customers, it could also draw unwanted attention. If you are concerned about the security of your inventory or your store in general, you should consider decals that cover the windows and make it impossible to see into your store from the outside. If you have expensive merchandise on display, this will make it less likely that you experience theft or damage to your products.
What To Consider When Buying Business Decals
There are a lot of different factors to consider when buying business decals, but the most important factor is your end goal. What do you actually want to accomplish with your decals? For most business owners, window decals and graphics serve multiple purposes. For example, they can keep out unwanted sunlight, improve overall visual appeal, and provide important information to passersby. In any case, deciding why you want or need business decals and prioritizing your interests can help you determine the kind of design and materials to choose.
Let’s say that just want something to keep the sun out. You can just opt for a frosted vinyl decal to cling to your windows. This will greatly reduce incoming light without drastically changing the look of your storefront. Alternatively, if you want something that is visually striking, you should choose large window decals with customized graphics that make sense for your business and brand. Ultimately, it comes down to your personal interests and tastes, as well as the specific needs of your business.
Business Door Decals
Thus far, we have only talked about window decals, because most businesses have some kind of windows on their storefront. But what should you do if your doors are made of see-through glass? In this situation, you can opt for business door decals. They function the same as traditional window decals, but they cover some or all of your storefront doors.
However, choosing door decals requires a few more considerations since consumers actually need to interact with your doors. You don’t want to choose decals or stickers that make it difficult to see where the doors or handles are located. Additionally, if you run a business that frequently keeps your doors open, you will want to keep this in mind when choosing decals. Visual decals could be rendered useless or unappealing if the image is almost never seen in its correct form. In any case, always remember to focus on what you want to accomplish with your business door decals before making a purchase!
Do you want to transform your storefront and help improve the quality of your brand? Are you looking for an affordable solution so that customers and outdoor patrons can be drawn in by the look of your business? If so, be sure to reach out to Sign It to design and install the perfect door or window decal for your business today!